2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

chrome grill bubbling

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chrome grill bubbling

Have any of you had this problem with getting a new grill? Any ideas where else to get a good quality stock grill?

Hey guys. The past few years my chrome grill has been bubbling and veining out. It looks bad in my opinion. Last week I ordered a stock grill from LMC truck, thinking they'd have a good quality product. Here goes the story.

I received the grill yesterday, opened it up and it looks good. I went to put it on and first thing I noticed was it would no way, shape, or form fit the curve of the hood. I screwed the top bolts in thinking that I could just curve it to the hood that way. That idea worked for the most part, but in the middle of the grill it bowed out, leaving a gap between the grill and hood. Then I noticed that plastic tabs that you secure to the grill frame would not line up. I had it placed on there how it should be. The third thing I noticed is the top edge of the grill wasn't cut straight (the part that should fit flush with the hood on top), it was a wavy cut in a spot or two. At that point I said a lot of choice words, packed it back up and called LMC and told them its coming back.

Last edited by chromed95; 05-08-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm dman12323, he got a pretty neat grill for his 98 1500 from some specialty firm. Maybe he'll come on here and specify (or you can dig in to his truck profile and last I recall he spells it out). K.

Edit: I'm sure the same firm has and can provide Stock

Last edited by tincan57; 05-08-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Stock

Quick Reply: chrome grill bubbling