2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help me pick a color

Old 11-22-2014, 11:42 PM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
I think I found my next color choice!!
I'm still getting used to the color - it's quite the change from the silver color (see avatar picture). Rear bumper and roof-rack are back on; I'll post pictures once it stops raining and I get the tailgate decals put on.
While looking through the LMC catalog (where I got the new molding, tailgate cables and a tailgate spring thingy that's supposed to make it easier to open/close the tailgate) I came across this replacement front bumper with four built-in lights (two fog/two driving):
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?Page=58
Anyone ever seen one in person? I'm curious as to how much the lights help. I'm intrigued by it. Looking for comments (I also posted a separate thread regarding this bumper, but I'm talking and I can't shut up...).

Old 11-25-2014, 02:18 PM
armynurse
Veteran

I kept staring at my truck thinking something was missing. It took a few days, and then it hit me - I was missing the "RAM 1500" emblem on the sides! So when I took it down to the shop to get the tailgate decals, they found them in short order and put them on the truck. Now it looks complete.
Name:  truckpainted13_zpsf7377e9f.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  58.3 KB
The decals look good on the back tailgate.
Name:  Truckpainted14_zpsd2f9e2f5.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  79.6 KB
Someone had mentioned my headlights looking foggy. So I polished them with some Mother's aluminum mag polish. They look a lot better. I'm not ready to buy new lenses just yet.
Name:  Truckpainted16_zps6076c9c4.jpg
Size:  83.2 KB
But to bring this saga to a finish, the truck is done. It's painted, put back together, all the emblems/molding/decals are in place, etc. After we pick up a Christmas tree I can put the toolbox back in the truck. But I'm glad to have my truck back, and looking better than it did before. Ok - I still need to look into painting the truck's front bumper fascia to match the rest of the truck. But that might just have to wait till next year.
Name:  truckpainted12_zps3217d7dd.jpg
Size:  77.4 KB

Old 12-02-2014, 10:05 AM
armynurse
Veteran

So the toolbox is bolted back in the truck bed. I used four "bed bolts" to secure it. Bed Bolts are essentially large bolts drilled and tapped down their length. So you bolt them in (and you keep them there), but now you've essentially got a secure threaded place to put a bolt to bolt whatever you want in place. They come with eyebolts for tie-down points.

Amazon.com: ProGrip 822920 3/8" Removable Trailer Bed Bolt with 2" Shank - Pair: Automotive Amazon.com: ProGrip 822920 3/8" Removable Trailer Bed Bolt with 2" Shank - Pair: Automotive

Amazon.com: ProGrip 822820 1/2" Removable Trailer Bed Bolt with 2" Shank - Pair: Automotive Amazon.com: ProGrip 822820 1/2" Removable Trailer Bed Bolt with 2" Shank - Pair: Automotive

Name:  Trucktoolbox_zpsc4fe45db.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  76.5 KB

Last edited by armynurse; 12-02-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me pick a color