2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

So I may have found a motor...

Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I may have found a motor...

So, I have been kicking around the idea of getting a 360 out of the boneyard, put some goodies on it and get it ready to swap into my Ram. So I work at an O'Reilly's nights/weekends here, and I asked one of the guys who runs the local junkyard and is a Mopar guy, which is a plus, if he had any 360's laying around. He said as a matter of fact, I have one you might be interested in, I said tell me about it. Well it is out of a 99 Dakota R/T. I said I will stop by and look at it. Well it is still in the truck, so we go over to it. And he pops the hood, first thing I noticed, was the intake. It ain't the keg! It already has a hughes airgap on it. I am not gonna lie I was like a school girl LOL. It has shorty headers on it as well, even bigger bonus! Motor has 77k on it.

Now the question is, those had the 46RE behind them right? Is there anything that would be different, considering it is coming from a Dakota? Coolant hoses look they go in the same spots, alternators look like they were in the same spot. I don't know, if you guys could tell me what you know, I would appreciate it.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:27 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grab it, and swap it! everything is/should be the same...

Old 10-21-2014, 12:43 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I've got some performance heads for it in the classifieds section if you're interested.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So I may have found a motor...