2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 10:31 PM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A simple 2" taller spring up front and a 2" lift add-a-leaf in the rear will easily clear 33" (285/75/16") tires. And you don't need to mess with longer track bars, control arms, etc. Just change out your shocks for some better quality aftermarket shocks (like Bilstein 5100 series). Changing the gears to 4.10's to go with the 33" tires also helps in drivability. You might even be able to reuse your factory rims.

Name:  truckpainted1_zpsa51564bb.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  101.1 KB

Old 03-02-2015, 09:16 AM
FireDodge
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the money, I would say go with a BDS lift. They have the no fine print warranty which I think is fantastic. Taken from their website:

"No Fine Print Warranty

If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period."

They are pretty pricey, but I think the warranty makes up for it. If I was doing a sensible build with my truck, I would do the 5" long arm. But as I'm cheap, I'm currently piecing together some form of a lift haha.

Quick Reply: Lifts