2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

'01 Ram 1500 Lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 07:15 AM
tianniccari
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Ram 1500 Lift questions

Hey guys I've seen a couple posted trucks on various websites that are running a 14" FTS suspension lift and I love the size of that kit. Only issue being when I go on their website, they simply don't have any lifts for a 2nd gen Ram. Does anybody know if they still even make it? I tried contacting the customer support yesterday and it kept giving me an error message and saying try again later. I'm not set on FTS brand if anybody knows of any others that are reliable and reputable? Not quite knowledgeable enough myself to build a kit myself from various parts. I would like a kit that I could drop off with a shop and have them do it all with no extra parts needed if possible. I did my 5" suspension lift myself and told myself I would never do it again!

Old 07-09-2015, 07:26 AM
tianniccari
Rookie

I probably should have added this in before so I don't get a bunch of comments about it. This will not be a daily driver, and will not be an off roading truck. It will be 95% a "look at me" kinda show truck and 5% the occasional weekend drive. I currently have a 5" suspension lift and 3" body lift on 35" chaparrals . I hate the body lift and wish I never did it. The truck squeaks like crazy and shakes 10x worse when slowing down. I will be getting rid of the body lift and going with a much larger suspension lift (preferably 12-14") and running 44" swampers. Again, just for the look. Will not be wheeling it at all. I understand I'll have the occasional issue here and there which is expected. Any input would be appreciated though guys

Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

44" tires, and half-ton axles is not a good combination, in fact, that is an accident waiting to happen. The axles just aren't rated for that kind of abuse. (on a 5000+ pound truck.....) Doesn't matter if it is only a pavement queen.....

I think you are going to have a hard time find any kit with more than 5" of lift..... I am not seeing anything at all.....

Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 AM
tianniccari
Rookie

I was actually just searching around and figured out that whiplash sells a 10", 12", and 14" kit with everything except the extended front drivetrain. Not sure how I go about getting it extended or where to buy one if they even do sell them. The only reason I went with that lift and tire size combo is because I saw this truck

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100174119.htm
and I loved the look. he has the 1/2 ton axles with 44's and has a little beefier gears but other than that it's pretty much stock. It won't get much driving at all so I was hoping that little bit of driving will be enough to keep it in alright condition

Old 07-09-2015, 11:13 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Are they just talking about the longer drive shaft? Should be able to find a shop that can make one for you. (not cheaply though.... )

What truck?

Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 AM
tianniccari
Rookie

http://http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100174119.htm

the kit itself is $3,600 and the tires I could only imagine lol so nothing about this will be cheap. I'm waiting a little bit to do so anyways I just wanted to make sure I have everything lined up for when the time comes!

Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 AM
tianniccari
Rookie

the link won't work for some reason. here is the URL

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100174119.htm

Old 07-09-2015, 11:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Think I would be tempted to include D60's front and rear, and an NP241DHD t-case (clocking ring probably required) in that project as well. In the overall scheme of things, it won't add all that much to the cost of the project, but it will be a hell of a lot safer/more reliable.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:05 PM
tianniccari
Rookie

I would love to do the 60s in the front and rear I just can't figure out where to get em! lol

Old 07-09-2015, 01:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Junkyard, or parts truck.

Quick Reply: '01 Ram 1500 Lift questions