2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What the "FU*K" do people want for nothing?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:52 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts
Default What the "FU*K" do people want for nothing?

Ok I've got to rant a little bit here. I have had my intake manifold and cam for sale now for over a month. So far I have had one person interested in my AirGap intake. But as we got to talking he wanted to know if I was flexible on my price. I have a brand new AirGap selling for $100 off retail price. And the cam about the same in price. What do people want? I know we are all looking for that killer deal but why should I have to take it in the butt to sell something I bought new and then changed my mind on? How much of a lose do I have to take to sell it? If you were selling the same item what would you try to sell it for? I'll be dang ding if I am going to lose my shirt. I'll just put it on a shelf and let it sit there for 10 years if I have to.

Please everyone enlighten me as to the selling world as how bad I have to be raped when selling something?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:52 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you DONT want to know but since you asked $400 shipped MIGHT sell it with todays tight pocketbooks while in essence it is new since it was bolted to a block a lot of people would consider it open box or used ..

as an example my business partner and I closed down a local speed shop for a landlord that got everything in the store for non payment of over $40K in rent and you would not believe the offers we used to get on the parts while liquidating and still get today on ebay.. 70% off of list is the most common offer we receive

BUT I think the most laughable was a guy came in to the store while we had it open for 6 weeks to liquidate what we could before going to ebay and said ohh man I offered them $4k for everything in here because it wasn't worth anything... I said OH REALLY well I guess it would surprise you to know that we have already sold $50K worth and got him back his lost rent and then some..

he got PISSED OFF at being told the truth and stormed out

Old 09-22-2016, 08:28 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I hear ya Wildman, I had to sell $1000+ in parts here in the classifieds for $450 shipped... Got a quad rail trying to sell in another site for more than 50% off the list price and still can't get anyone wanting to buy it. Think I'll have to basically give it away...

Old 09-22-2016, 09:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

People owning 10-15 or 20 year old trucks are not willing to pay a lot of money for aftermarket parts. For example, I'm always on craigslist looking for bargains. Got my grill guard for $50. Bedliner for $10, wheels for $100, etc. I'm not spending a bunch of money on a 20 year old truck.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

I thank all of your views on this. And while I do understand where everyone is coming from I can't/won't sell things for that much of a lose. I know just letting it sit on my shelf isn't making me any money either but that is how I am. I'd rather donate it to my 4WD.org then I can at least write it off as a do nation. Or I'll put it up on Ebay. I don't try to rape people like this so I guess I expect the same.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I thank all of your views on this. And while I do understand where everyone is coming from I can't/won't sell things for that much of a lose. I know just letting it sit on my shelf isn't making me any money either but that is how I am. I'd rather donate it to my 4WD.org then I can at least write it off as a do nation. Or I'll put it up on Ebay. I don't try to rape people like this so I guess I expect the same.
If I decide to rebuild my motor, as opposed to replacing the entire truck, I'll give ya what yer asking for that manifold.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

My 18yr old truck is in great condition, so I'm fine paying fair market price for parts.
Of coarse, I'm happy to find a bargain, but the older my truck gets, I'll just be happy to find parts.

That it has lasted as long as it has without costing me a heap of $$ in repairs, I'm more than happy to spend $$ on my old truck as now might be needed... anything I spend on this truck is going to be cheaper than buying a new truck.

And Wildman, I'd dive on the FI Airgap, if I didn't already have one.

Last edited by Spillage; 09-22-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Well until someone steps up with a reasonable offer the intake will be in the box sitting a shelf in the garage. Same with the Comp Cam I have. Now if someone wanted to buy both I might make a better deal. Who knows.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Id buy it if it i had the cash.

FYI M1 intakes regularly go for 600 bucks on facebook auto swap groups.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:29 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Come stand in the service lane for a day and listen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What the "FU*K" do people want for nothing?