2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Possible computer problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 12:48 AM
jeepster90xj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible computer problem?

So ever since I've had my truck (2000 dosge ram 2500 cummins auto) since January, it's had charging problems. But today I drove it home and went to leave about an hr later and the truck just cranks. Normally I would start tracing stuff but the fuel pump won't kick on, it's throwing codes but my tuner and my other code scanner all of a sudden say something went wrong and it can't read the codes, says the diesel tank is empty when I know it's half full, and the odometer miles just keep flashing at me. I'm thinking its a bad ecm but I want to make sure. Any input or ways to test it before I drop the cash and replace it?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:44 AM
jeepster90xj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing? No one at all has any ideas for me?

Old 09-14-2016, 07:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I want to know how your second post is time-stamped BEFORE your first post..... That takes a certain amount of talent.

It sure sounds like you have a toasted PCM. Try disconnecting the battery, turning on the headlights for a few seconds, turn them back off, reconnect battery, and see if anything improves.

If that doesn't help, see if you get a click from the fuel pump relay when you first turn the ignition on.

If you don't.... that points to the PCM, if you do, check and make sure the wiring back to the fuel tank is good. (do you have a lift pump in that as well?? Is it IN the tank??)

Quick Reply: Possible computer problem?