I followed these instructions yesterday and I found only one step missing and I took some pics. I however forgot to get a pic of the unit out of the truck. Some pics aren't here, if you need pictures for the steps that don't have them, you should be taking this to the mechanic.....I forgot to circle things in the pics, I will throw down with some MSPAINT soon to have the parts stand out.
1) Disconnect battery cable
2) Remove first screw on door sill both sides ( these are the pieces that hold your carpet down)
3) Remove kick panels and panel under steering wheel.
4) Remove two nuts holding up steering wheel.
5) Remove five screws where dash meets the windsheild.
6) Remove 2 bolts on the left and right side of the dash up against the side of truck (under kick panels)
7)Dashboard can now be pulled free toward seat.
8)On passenger side of dash tie rope or wire to flange where bolt went into side of truck and lift dash up
to expose fan box. Secure rope to handle on side of A-post
9) Remove vaccuum lines and unclip electrical connections. (Hint: temperature control cable has to be
removed with pliers by pulling straight up, removing the entire clip.)
10) Now the secret: there are two screws holding the box to the firewall on the inside (one has ground
wire attached.) The other is in the upper right hand corner facing up.
11)There are four nuts holding it from the engine side of the firewall (one nut is accessed by removing the
electircal panel on passenger side.) Remove all four nuts.
12)Remove heater hoses by removing clamps. Mine were stuck so I just cut the hoses and got new ones.
13)Release A/C freon from LP side with gages and disconnect A/C lines from firewall exit. ( This
requires a simple 5 dollar tool that disconnects fueland A/C connections.
14) The heater box will now come free!
15) There are several screws holding heater box together. It will come apart in two halves. Go ahead
and replace your heater core because you dont want to do this again in a month!
16) You may want to replace your accumulator as well (its fairly cheap)
17) Reassemble /reinstall box. Draw vaccuum on A/C system for 30 mins. recharge with 134a.
***All pictures are located here: http://heandshe.org/koldkut/Dodgeforum/HeaterCore/
My brothers webspace addressing has changed and the old pictures were not showing up. They are not in numerical order,Giv me a few days to get the files renamed in order so that they may be put with the direction numbers. Thanks.***