2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Stalling

Old 08-03-2007, 09:22 AM
gv3rd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Stalling

I need help bad. I have a 98 Dodge 360 that I have put in a 92 Jeep. Everything seems fine until I start driving. When I slow down to turn or come to a stop the engine stalls sometimes. It doesn'tdo it every time and it doesn't seem to matter whether it is warm or cold. When I start the motor it sounds like it is sucking a whole lot of air and then quiets down. I don't know if this is normal for this motor. I have been working on this engine swap for 6 months and I am getting frustrated. Just so you know what I have here is a break down. 98 360 with PCM from 98 3500 with a 5 speed tranny. I am running all auto meter gauges, but no spedometer just a tach. I have a 15 gallon fuel cell with an external fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator set at approx. 50 psi. I am running block hugger headers with only a muffler, no cat. and both O2 sensors. Engine O2 sensor is new. I have replaced the plenum gasket and plenum plate with the hughes reinforcement kit. I have replaced the idle air control motor and the ignition coil also. I have a K&N air filter which I just recently cleaned. I am not running the charcoal canister and the motor was a non egr version. Please help. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine Stalling

did you check the cranck positioning sencor? that might be your problem.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
gv3rd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Stalling

I pulled it and looked at it. It was clean and looked good. How do you check it? Why would it cause the engine to stall? I don't know exactly what it does. I checked the cam position sensor and it checked good. Don't know how to check the crank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Stalling