2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 ram trans?

Old 10-13-2004, 01:13 PM
d707
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 ram trans?

I'm new here and need some info on my trans in a '95 ram 4x4, thanks for any help.
Here is the deal, this truck went to shifting funny and when I got home it wouldn't go unless it was up to 2500 rpm. Took it to dealer, 3 mi. down road, and it wouldn't get out of 2 nd. They look at it and say trans shot. Fluid not burnt, no oder to it. Start truck up
and everything works as it should.[:-] So here I am looking for some help. Need less to say I'm not getting to far from the house in this thing! The only thing I notice now is it doesn't always downshift to 1st when I stop and take off but can ppull it down to 1st and then to drive and it works right????
there are numbers on the case above the filter on the driver side.... PK 52119173 AB and 1988-6480 can you tell what trans is in it from these #? I have been told this is a electronic trans and have also been told that there is a mechanical governer that controls the shifting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 ram trans?