2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Extend Cab Panel Removal vs Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:44 PM
QADave48
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extend Cab Panel Removal vs Speaker

I just purchased a 2000 1500 w/Ext cab and the right rear speaker thats mounted in area of the extend cab crackles in and out with RPM noise. Often after hitting a bump. My assumption is something is loose in this area and would like to chase the wires in this area. My first problem is there is are no obvious signs on how to remove the panel surounding the speaker. I went to ALLDATA and there were no instructions on how to remove panel nor did my Haynes manuel give instructions either. Can anybody give me guidence here as well as help troubleshooting the speaker

Old 10-14-2004, 11:23 PM
mysecondram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extend Cab Panel Removal vs Speaker

The panel is held in place by plastic clips and a few screws(at inside door handle).The plastic clips usually break and you have to get new ones from the dealer.They are fairley inexpensive but are a pain in the but to put back on.I would reccomend you upgarde the speakers while your in there.Thats what I did.

You dont have to remove the whole thing.Just popping the ones on the bottom will work.
Just grab it at one of the bottom corners and pull.They will pop and the first ones will kinda freak you out but thats how it comes off.

Hope that helps.

Rafael

Quick Reply: Extend Cab Panel Removal vs Speaker