2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

can i do this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 04:54 AM
oz ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i do this?

Firstly, G'day all, you guys build the best trucks over there
I live in Australia and have just bought a 2000 Ram 1500 4X4 Sport, believe me a very rare car down here
It has the 5.9l magnum engine with a Kenne Bell Supercharger on it
I was wondering if there is anything i need to know about these trucks as we have nothing like it in Australia and nobody has any knowledge of them
The main reason for my post is 1 of the headlights has a crack in it and i was wondering if the later model headlights from 2002 on will fit it
Thanks in advance
Scott

Old 10-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Snafu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: can i do this?

I believe the 2002 3/4 and 1 tons are the same, they didn't remodel those until 2003. But the 1/2 tons are completely different. The big things to watch for on it is the auto transmission (if you have one) is hit or miss for reliability. Some last a long time, some die fast. With a supercharger, the transmission should be beefed up to handle the extra power. The steering boxes tend to wear prematurely also. Other than that, they're pretty solid vehicles. Hope you like the new ride.