2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Painted my calipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:08 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW I'm not dissing the red paint at all. I think they look great. I'm not a fan of superlift changing the four link to what really is a modified version of fords design.
I'd leave the Skyjacker stickers on. You'll fool the kids.
My bad for not knowing the coloring changed, when I used to sell the brand it always red. I know for a while they offered a color choice. Thanks for the update.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Just take the Skyjacker stickers off and put SuperLift ones on.
yeah i guess i could do that

Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
mcss8541
All Star

Originally Posted by dsertdog56
BTW I'm not dissing the red paint at all. I think they look great. I'm not a fan of superlift changing the four link to what really is a modified version of fords design.
I'd leave the Skyjacker stickers on. You'll fool the kids.
My bad for not knowing the coloring changed, when I used to sell the brand it always red. I know for a while they offered a color choice. Thanks for the update.
well i definitely get alot of looks and asked questions about the paint job. I've even made some extra $$$$$$ painting some other guys lifted suspensions based on their color of choice. the bad thing about some of the guys checking out my paint job is, they are in cars driving along side of me and they get real close.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, I have that happen too. My coil springs are red, I have red bushings, and my shcoks are silver metallic with red. People like to gawk at it. When I had my calipers painted red too, it really stood out.

I'm pissed at Skyjacker right now. First off, I never liked how they put stickers on their control arms. It's just cheesy in my opinion. They should be painted with the logo. But anyway, since my tires rub the control arms from time to time, I tear up the stickers after awhile. I used to just call up Skyjacker and ask them to send me some new ones, and they would just drop them in the mail. Yesterday I called, and they now have them set-up in their on-line store - you have to buy them now. They are $1.50/ea I think is what I saw. Forget that. I'll just take the stickers off and leave the arms black.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mcss8541,

You need to get the ARB diff cover like I have to compliment all that red. It would look good. I love mine.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 AM
mcss8541
All Star

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Ya, I have that happen too. My coil springs are red, I have red bushings, and my shcoks are silver metallic with red. People like to gawk at it. When I had my calipers painted red too, it really stood out.

I'm pissed at Skyjacker right now. First off, I never liked how they put stickers on their control arms. It's just cheesy in my opinion. They should be painted with the logo. But anyway, since my tires rub the control arms from time to time, I tear up the stickers after awhile. I used to just call up Skyjacker and ask them to send me some new ones, and they would just drop them in the mail. Yesterday I called, and they now have them set-up in their on-line store - you have to buy them now. They are $1.50/ea I think is what I saw. Forget that. I'll just take the stickers off and leave the arms black.
send me your address and the color you want and i'll mail them to you. TOUGH COUNTRY here in EL CAMPO,TX give them away free/.......even the big windshield decal. And yes it's free. They come in black, red, and silver

Old 04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
mcss8541
All Star

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
mcss8541,

You need to get the ARB diff cover like I have to compliment all that red. It would look good. I love mine.
oh trust me it's on the list.....i'm a dad of 6 kiddos ranging from 17yrs old to 1 yr old so anything dad buys for his truck takes a backseat and many hiding places. LOL!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Kody202
Amateur

Blacked out my tail lights, went and got some VHT NightShade and did the whole thing myself for about $25 and an hour. Super happy with the results!

Old 02-19-2017, 01:50 PM
ramdawg01

181K Miles

Changing the fluids in my new to me 1997 Laramie 5.2. Gonna add a drain plug and change out the 3-4 accumulator spring as soon at it arrives. Then fresh oil and a test drive. No shifting or downshifting problems even with 181K miles on it. Have a look at
the trans pan magnet !!!! It's squeaky clean now tho.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

That's pretty normal. The magnet is doing its job.

Quick Reply: Painted my calipers