2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exhaust and Intake System
Print Wikipost

Heartthrob Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:29 PM
ehlersa
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heartthrob Exhaust

I just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone interested. I just installed the Heartthrob Deep-Toned Dual Outlet Cat-Back exhaust system on my 01 Offroad Sport with a 5.9L. It was $220 from JC Whitney with free shipping. Installation was pretty straight forward for anyone with the right tools and a little bit of know how. It took me about 4 hours total to remove the stock system and install this one by myself while taking my time doing so. The system has a Y pipe that connects to the cat. Then 2 pipes run from this Y pipe out the rear of the truck. The mufflers are built into the 2 tips that come with the kit. The only thing I had to cut was about 7 inches off of the tailpipes so that my tips didn't stick out the rear too far (as I think the kit is made to fit quad cabs with long beds and you just cut to fit your particular application). The tips in the kit are black which worked for me since my truck is black. I think you can upgrade to stainless tips for slightly more if you'd prefer that.

As for the sound, I love it! At idle it is a really deep rumble. When you step on it, it gets pretty loud, mean, and aggressive. I like Flowmasters, but everybody and their mom has one and I like to be a little different than the crowd. This system is definitely different. It's also a lot cheaper than the Flowmaster cat-back systems which I believe are like $500 or $600. When driving at cruising speeds it is somewhat loud, but really not bad at all in my opinion. With the windows closed and the radio on I can still hear it pretty well, but not so much that it bothers me. I can take pictures and also possibly a sound file if anyone is interested. You can also hear them on Heartthrob's webpage http://www.heartthrobexhaustinc.com/ Their sound files don't quite seem to do the system justice though in my opinion compared to hearing it in person.

So for anyone looking for a cheap exhaust upgrade that sounds great and is different from the crowd and easy to install, I recommend this kit.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Glideman88
Professional
Default RE: Heartthrob Exhaust

That's a great report onthe [sm=drlove.gif]Exhaust Systemthat I've been considering too!

Plus for me, it's an added bonus knowing that this system willalso fitBlack '01 Off-Road Sport Editions! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sound like a cross between a glasspack and a Flowmaster, not bad though.

My flowmaster system was a little less than $20 more.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
ehlersa
Amateur

The tip has a glasspack muffler built into it.

Quick Reply: Heartthrob Exhaust