2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I love new stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love new stuff

Picked up my headers this morning from pcfixerpro. They are Pace Setter shorties I noticed a couple things I don't like about them already but most of that can be fixed.1 thing is looks like they put them in the bags before the paint was dry. No big deal you won't see that once they are on the truck anyway. Second thing is the welding on the ports suck ***. Its like huge and sticks out into the opening. I'm gonna have my bro in law do a home port job on them before we stick them on. The plans have changed I guess we are gonna put them on Friday now. I wanted to put them on tomorrow but withall the cooking he's gonna be to busy to help me out so I'l wait a day for a second set of hands. Anyway heres some pics of themand you can see what I mean about the welds also threw in one of the magnaflow hi flo cat that will be put on soonI hope. I will have vids asap.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
greenmachine
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love new stuff

I had a set of these on my '99(greenmachine) and the paint came off after I drove it for a few miles. Other than that I had no complaints. The set I have on my truck now ('01) are stainless and I only payed a little more for them. I like much better. I have pics of them in my gallery, a little hard to see but you get the idea. A little bit of advice make sure to get all the bolts started. These have bolt clearance issues with a few of the tubes. You have to walk them in. Pretty easy install overall.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love new stuff

That always seems to happen with cheap headers. But with a little extra work they can be really nice! When I get then for my Jeep I'm gonna put a bead around the tube on the outside of the flange then grind down the weld on the inside.

They look real nice though in black.

Quick Reply: I love new stuff