2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to disarm alarm without working remote ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Sandrof
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disarm alarm without working remote ???

Hi guys, Im new to this forum. I live in Malta - Europe. I need some urgent help !. Im the owner of a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

I need to know how to disarm the alarm and immobilizer of my van because it came on and the only remote I have is not working. Its also sitting in front of the garage blocking access to four other cars. I also bought a new remote from keylessrides.com but I cannot program the new remote before I disarm the alarm of the van. Pictures of the remote are attached.

Thanks in advance for the information

Old 11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to disarm alarm without working remote ???

I'm not quite sure how to help with this... but have you tried to change the batteries in the non-working remote? Might be an easy fix...

Cartman

Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
radio flyer
Rookie

.....j/k

pull the brain, that should allow you toat least start the van

Old 11-13-2007, 05:57 PM
dr_destructo

If it is the factory alarm you can simply put the key in the driver's side door and unlock. If it is an aftermarket, then you will most likely need to remove the control module. It is normally under the dash below the steering column. Hope that helps.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Sandrof

The remote does not work because it fell into a sink with water not because the batteries failed ! According to Keylessride.com it was a dealer alarm not a factory alarm. I already have a new remote replacement on the way but first I need to disarm the alarm before I can program the new remote.

Do you think its possible to disable the alarm and immobilzer by any way ? Like dr_destructo mentioned I will try to remove the control module but will the immobilzer still be active ?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

Maybe if u unplug the vans battory for 30 min?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Sandrof

The battery has been disconnected since last week ! As soon as I put it on and turn the key on the siren starts and the van will not ! Because of the immobilizer !

Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

Sounds like you need to ripe the thing out.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

haha, heres the solution ...

Good luck!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm... Not knowing what kind of alarm in installed (or having a wiring diagram) makes it a little hard to figure out.

Do you have an auto or manual?

If you have an auto... here is where I would check..."Bypass Jumper". It is located under the dash on the driver side of the truck. It's near the top of the pedal assembly...It isa green connector with a loop of wire (yellow with red stripe)from one connector to the other (hence the jumper). I suspect that perhaps there is a different plug that might be plugged in for you... the immobilizer. If it is not a simple wire looping back into the jumper (about 3 in total length), you might be able to get away with unplugging it, and jumping it with some aligator clips.

The alarm siren might still go of... but you might be able to start it and move it.

Another approach would be to find the siren for the alarm... and follow the wires back to the "brain" of the alarm. Once you find the brain, you should be able to identify the type of alarm it is, and maybe get lucky and find a wiring diagram online. Or you can trace down where it is drawing power... and disconnect it...

Good luck!
Cartman

Quick Reply: How to disarm alarm without working remote ???