2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

weird things happenin.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird things happenin.....

today i left my headlights on while at work stupid move so my batt. died had my girl come out and jump start my truck and it took but didnt wanna run correctly it would only stay runnin if i worked the throttle so i let the batt take charge and killed it went back to work....got off work started right up same **** if i let off the throttle it would die? odd i thought its doing it still so i drove off on my way home got on a main road a wide one and floored it fig the comp had to reset and get the right ratios going well it runs fine and came out of it after a few lights....now my problem lies in the locks since the batt died my power locks work but the remote wont lock my doors do any of u guru's have any ideas to help me out to fig this **** out because its annoying that i have the keyless entry and still have to lock em manually.... and was i right about the comp relearning everything and will this happen when i get my fastman in and on i ordered it monday and it still hasnt been sent out yet...but that another story.....j

Old 03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: weird things happenin.....

I would try disconnecting your negative battery terminal for a good solid several minutes and than reconnect. That should reset your computer.

Also check the battery and make sure its fine and dandy. If the battery won't hold much of a charge, our engines don't like it.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

the batt is good and dandy it holds a great charge i just want the damn locks to work again......j

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Tarner
Professional

Just drive the truck around. The computer needs to teach it's self how to run the engine again.

****Sorry didn't read the whole post****[&:]

Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Try this:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_899151/tm.htm

Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
pipeking
Veteran

this happend to me to and i had to replace the body control modulater undr the dash just right of the steringcolum.my key fob still dont work i tryed reprograming it with the step given in diy but still no luck so im goin to the dealer so he could hook up there money maker and get it goin again.after this happend my batt wouldnt keep charge and put new batt in and still had the same problem.r your gauges goin wacky does your radio work

Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

check all your fuses first, in end of dash and under hood. there is a lot of interaction going on inside the BCM (CTM).

Old 03-04-2008, 02:14 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

everything in my truck works fine the transmitters work they arm and disarm i think atleast the horn beeps when the buttons are hit its not locking my doors or unlocking them i tried the diy info squirells sent and no luck im lost and cant fig this one out....j

Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

called the stealership and they want 45 to reprogram it they say it must have lost the codes is that right or is there another way i can go about this.......?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:26 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The horn beeps when you hit the fob button but the door lock does NOT work. Then I don't think the computer lost the code. Sounds like the battery doesn't have all the juice it should. Or a fuse for the door lock is blown.

Quick Reply: weird things happenin.....