2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SCT Tuner - WOW!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SCT Tuner - WOW!!!

no you cant skip years..96 to 96 , 97 on up mite be a different story i know on newer models they have the VIN in the PCM

Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
tj1320
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea what KRC charges for the SCT unit AND tuning? Please tell me I won't be spending $1,000+ to get my truck tuned when I'm finished modding. I know the unit itself is a little over $600.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:04 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Email this guy:

hemifever@aol.com

He will explain costs and the ins and outs. If you're going to do anything right now, the SCT is the ticket. IIRC it's like $50 a tune. You can run one now with your current setup while you're getiing things together for your build, and have it adjusted when you do the heads/intake/cam. You'll be having fun in the meantime with something you will eventually need anyway.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

hmmm I've been looking at this myself for awhile now... I'll be watching this one.. please keep this update going... I dont mind spending the money for a good upgrade.. but as stated earlier.. my truck is just slightly modded.. with plans on heads, and cam maybe later this year....but if this will get me ANYTHING more from what i have now.. I'm in... 97 5.9L

Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

It's my understanding that Hypertech isn't an option if you have any mods done to your truck. When I called them asking about their product, he told me their product is designed for a stock engine. He said maybe a catback and a cold air intake kit, and that was it. I told him I had headers, and that I planned to put a bigger throttle body on it, and he like got pissy. He was like NOPE, it's going to blow your engine up if you try putting this on your truck. We can't program your truck for those mods, it's meant for STOCK vehicles blah blah blah. He's like, your better just taking those headers off and putting this hypertech in, and you'll get more horsepower. I was just like, hmmk see ya later. He told me if I wanted to keep the mods, which aren't even that much, he said I'd need to get a tuner or flashed etc. So, maybe I just got a dumbass, but that's what he was saying, that it needed to be completely stock..

Old 03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

I've know about SCT for awhile.. but I have also known that its more for more aggressive upgrades.. ( cams, valvetrane, heads ... ) I think. Like I said... a cam is in my future... but not at the moment..but I'm keeping my eye on this thread...with stock heads.. I dont think I should be pushing my luck with a more aggressive tune.. but when the cam and heads are done... this info will be valuable...

Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 AM
ron333
Captain

Talk to HEMIFEVER. He is very easy to work with and will be very honest with you. Right now he has me on Stage 2 performance programming. The cam and heads are stock. I did install the 1.7rr and he has included that mod in the programming. This programmer can be used for a stock vehicle to heavily modded one. Even though I didn't like spending the money at first, I knew I would never be happy with the other mods I did when I knew they weren't showing their full potential. After getting this tuner, and after getting the Stage 2 program, I'm very happy I bought it, especially from this guy. He has adjusted it to my liking and will adjust it even more after I get to a dyno for some actual realtime data for him to use. Even without that fine tuning, my truck runs like a bat outta hell! I highly recommend getting this programmer! Have it programmed for what your truck has in it now. Small changes in programming cost nothing. If you go with a turbo or blower setup, the programming will cost $50. Anything less extreme he doesn't charge for. I give buying this programmer from HEMIFEVER a big "2 thumbs up"!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Chopper1
All Star

I'm assuming this is the tuner you got.

http://www.sctflash.com/dcxTrucks.php

http://www.sctflash.com/

Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 PM
pipeking
Veteran

01dodgeram360, i bet he's right,i dont think it will blow your truck up, but i think it has to be close to stock.hypertech is backed by most truck companys,so if you use it, it wont void worranty.so if somthing happens to your truck and you have a hypertech they could be liable to fix your truck;but only an idiot will only say totake off your headers, they dont make any power

Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say take off your headers because it seems like you are having problems everytime I turn around a long with everyone else that runs them.

As far as the Hypertech I don't have headers as I don't want all those problems everyone has but I do run a Hypertech on my truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCT Tuner - WOW!!!