2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where do these amber pieces go in corner lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:40 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where do these amber pieces go in corner lights?

I bought a set of APC clear corner lights as I got a great deal on them. I figured I'd keep them as a spare set incase I had problems with my eBay ones and had to replace them. Well, they came with bulbs and these little square amber reflectors. They are probably an inch or so tall and wide. I didn't measure just guessing so give or take some. Anyway not that I'd put them in as that defeats the purposed of clear corners imo but I'm just wondering where they go. Why would they have these? Here is a picture you can see them next to the bulbs.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
CySlyde
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where do these amber pieces go in corner lights?

Those are for making them legle in most states... they would go in the side of the light as required by local laws... btw most states require a colored reflector

Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

So do you take the lights apart to put them in or what? I thought as long as your bulbs lit up amber you were fine. Is that not the case?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
CySlyde
Professional

I dont know how it works everywhere, but here they specify that there must be an amber reflector... you could prolly glue it to the outside and get away with it. or just play the dumb card if you ever get harrased about it... but in reality, most cops prolly have better things to do than nick you for a one inch sq reflector.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah these are my spare set that will probably sit in the closet anyway. The other set I got that I have on there now didn't come with reflectors.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
dusty_duster
Veteran

Who cares? If a cop actually pulls you over, he'll give you a repair ticket. I seriously doubt that will happen, though.

Keep the amber reflectors just in case.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: dusty_duster

Who cares? If a cop actually pulls you over, he'll give you a repair ticket. I seriously doubt that will happen, though.

Keep the amber reflectors just in case.
Yeah like I said these are probably just going to be spares anyway. I thought as long as you had amber bulbs you were fine here but you might not be. I'm not sure. Oh well, hopefully I don't get a ticket. The Honda has had clear corners and clear turn signal lenses for many years now.

Quick Reply: Where do these amber pieces go in corner lights?