2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine
Print Wikipost

Kegger Intake Mod DIY

Old 10-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Low51
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On this mod, if I try this "turtle" mod I'm thinking about, I'm guessing that I'll eliminate roughly 40% of the kegger volume. Would that be too much? I haven't gotten the turtle done yet, at this point it's all just guessing. I've seen a picture of a Hughes mod keg, and it doesn't look like they filled much of the top.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:27 PM
ramhuskyhauler

as far as the port where the injector sits should we gasket match that to the head intake port staying .060-.090 under size to help reversion?

Old 01-29-2016, 02:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

If you are going to do it, match 'em up. The ledge will cause turbulence, and inhibit flow.

Old 10-28-2023, 11:29 AM
CheechMachin
Default Re

Originally Posted by zddp8868
doing what you have done to the intake is OKAY, but the intake is not where the weakest airflow link is.

HINT: its allin the heads!

i think your observations werethe direct result of theplacebo effect. if you had a vacuum leak to begin with, you cant compare the truck before to the truck now. what you did to the intake was enlarge the openings of the runners which creates a lower velocity of the incoming air. while the effect is not as dramatic, what you are doing is essentially starting to convert a dual plane style intake into a single plane type.

had it been my engine, i would have left the intake alone and paid attention to the cylinder heads. the stock intake manifold flows plenty of cfm to supportthe vast majority ofstreet applications
- Okay so i found a pair of indy x heads from the junkyard off a rolled 2000 ram on 38s, they appear to have aftermarket springs as well and everything else was stock and the keg was not modified even had exhaustmanifolds and not headers. So what could I do to make the best out of the heads and keg? I contacted Oregon for a cam regrind and they have me 2 options.

Old 10-28-2023, 11:37 AM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CheechMachin
- Okay so i found a pair of indy x heads from the junkyard off a rolled 2000 ram on 38s, they appear to have aftermarket springs as well and everything else was stock and the keg was not modified even had exhaustmanifolds and not headers. So what could I do to make the best out of the heads and keg? I contacted Oregon for a cam regrind and they have me 2 options.
Best mod you can do to the keg is swap it for an Airgap

The following users liked this post:
CheechMachin (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 11:44 AM
CheechMachin

Originally Posted by dapepper9
Best mod you can do to the keg is swap it for an Airgap
I'd love to do that but have seen the recent reviews of Hughes customer service and availability of it. I still hit the junkyard often hoping and dreaming I'll find that or an m1 efi lol but until then I'm stuck with the keg. Gonna go on a durango on 35 boggers I'll eventually SAS and run 38s. Going to be pulling a 10klb trailer too

Old 10-28-2023, 07:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Then you pretty much want to keep the kegger, and make sure whoever is doing your cam is aware of that. Kegger is GREAT for low-end torque, but SUCKS for high rpm power. Doesn't matter what ya do to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kegger Intake Mod DIY