2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodges are the greatest truck of all time

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
moparornothing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodges are the greatest truck of all time

I just want to tell of my appreciation of dodge. All of my family has dodge now, me, dad, and both my brothers. We used to have all fords until the 80's when our old 1980 f250's frame snapped in half. Then we had an 87 f150 and that thing was a total piece of crap. everything went wrong with it and i mean everything. Then when my brothers were in highschool they bought an old gmc half ton from a neighbor to turn it into a dune buggy to just **** around with it. then that winter we parked it, checking all of the fluids and atifreeze. It sat from early november to march and when we went and threw the battery back into it the stupid thing had already seized solid. Then i bough a little chevette to **** around with, our neighbor had already cut the roof off of it and then i bought it. I drove it for a spring then i put some work into it by running the exhaust out the hood and putting a roll cage in it. I just finished and took it for a rip. I made it probably 25 yards around the farm yard and damn thing burst into flames. My brothers girlfriead had a 95 gmc and brought it out to the farm. Then the oil pump blew out of it and it quit. So i have come to the conclusion, that out farm has a dodge curse. Yes a dodge curse, every other make except some fords and dodges only survive. Even my cousins cutlass blew 2 heads while on the farm. If you ask me that is wierd. It all started when my dad bought a 94 dodge 4x4 for the farm. Then chevies started being assasinated by the dodge curse. Then my brother bought a brand new cummins and then my other brother bought a 99 dodge then i bought my 96 dodge shortbox 4x4. it isn't really a curse cause i really hate chevies but it is quite weird. There is only one make of vehicle in our scrap pile and that is that anoyingly crappy bowtie. Dodge is the most reliable make of vehicle out their and i will always own them for the rest of my life. All of our mopars will eat chevies and **** imports, its' true.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:23 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dodges are the greatest truck of all time

I like my Dodge but no denying my 2 Hondas are way and I mean way more reliable. They also get a lot better gas milage and the newer one is a ton faster along with getting almost tripple the gas milage.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Maui_808
Rookie

My toyota will go farther offroad than my dodge, its better on gas, but i still like my dodge.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Silver1500
Professional

I have driven a few imports and I will agree, they do get twice the gas mileage and are sometimes more reliable (but when they do break you have to cash in half your 401K....), but I wouldnt trade any of my mopars for any import on the market, its just one of those things: If you have to ask you just wont understand.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

At mudfest (okeechobee) I only saw one dodge in the mud (****load of ext. cabs towing their stuff though) but good lord; This 'yota was tearrrring it up. I gotta say, if I had my way about it, I'd have a big cummins hauling an old yota sittin on 44's. Not sure what this does for reliability, just someting I noticed.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

i love dodge... but god damn my truck is a PITA

Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kissed my truck on the steering wheel and said thanks old girl. Another week of to and from work. Man what a truck, and what a blessing it has been to me.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For a lot of the aggrevation and learning I've encountered with this truck (the effing distributor location SUCKS) it's a damned good vehicle.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I hate when ppl compare these tiny toyotas to real trucks. Of course toyotas are the best offroad, because that's what they are, glorified toys. I like my dodge because I know even if I tore it down and took the big tires off, it's still a real truck with a real engine. Take the oversized tires off a gay toyota, and all you have is a little 4 banger with a sandbox of a bed lmao. All toyotas can do is offroad, a lifted dodge ram isn't exclusive offroad, and thats whats so impressive about them, because they are multi dimensional. They are powerful, giant engines, towe, race, offroad, or just be a regular work truck. A toyota without its oversized tires is a heartless dyke truck lmao[8D]

Old 02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
nolazach
Veteran

My Dodge is a PITA, shows its age, and the tranny just ain't right.

I have nicer cars, but thats MY truck, A truck is just a different feeling. Plus everything that has gone wrong, I fixed myself. I learned alot with this truck. I wanted a Chevy, I was looking at trucks in the $5000 range. All the Fords I looked at were old and all the Chevy's I saw were beat up. Then one day in August 2005, I saw a 99 dodge Quad cab for $6000. It reminded me of when I was younger I wanted a 94 Ram more than anything when it came out. My parents went to the dealership and came home in a f'n Intrepid POS instead of a Ram. I was so ticked. That thing was a lemon and less than a year later it was traded in on a Impala, and I sorta forget how much I wanted the Ram. Now was my chance to finally have one. I got it for $5300 cash. A week later a friend of mine found a nice 99' chevy but it was a V6 and (not to offend) but a truck ain't a Truck unless its a V-8 or better (or a Cummins, sorry lol).

Then three weeks later I lost my house and two cars in a storm. Really it was because or Parish President evacuated the pump workers and failed to turn the damn pumps on, but that's another story. Then we were stuck out of the city. I was never so glad in my life that I had a truck. Never before did I have to haul a trauler full of trash. Never before did I need to rent machinery or haul so much so far. To stack flatboats in the back and luggage on the roof, it held all and did all. All of this and more I couldn't do without a truck. (Only crappy thing is to do debris removal you had to have a 4x4 so I had to commute to work)So I was back and forth, driving to Austin to store stuff; Staying at a hotel in Mobile,AL to work in Biloxi,MS. Running to Houston(New New Orleans, where everyone was at) weekly, Baton Rouge daily at times. I lived in my truck. I used its Inverter for house power. I slept in it on the side of the road most of the time, cooking MRE's listening to the radio enjoying the giant cabin. I put thousands of miles on it that September and the whole time when I needed it, not a problem to be found.

It wasn't untill some scum of the earth tow truck driver decided to tow me while I was staying at a friends apartment that problems started. The city of Baton Rouge gained 250,000 residents in that month. You could imagine how crowded parking lots at apartments were. Well I was towed because I didn't have a sticker to park where I was. $180 later I had my truck. The next day on I-10 my back tire snapped off (the drive wheel, bastards draged my truck). This destroyed the rear end, but it was cool I was able to get one from one of the thousands of avalible junked cars. Thats when I picked up on this site, when I need help fixing my rear. Then problems arose.

But she does what I want it to, it looks good and I think I'm attached to it.

Quick Reply: dodges are the greatest truck of all time