2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Spartan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tires

I hope im making a mistake by thinking it cost 800$ for 4 new tires and mounting them. I was at Discount tire a few days back and was looking at tires "i dont need them i was just waiting around till parents car was done". For 4 goodrich wrangler 285's it was 187$ per tire "i think" are these really exceptional tires/price lol or are you paying for the name? cause next winter i dont wanna be paying 800$ for 4 new tires? what other options are there?

Random info wanted

Old 01-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Default RE: New Tires

$187 is a bit on the steep side. You can get 285's for alot cheaper (around $100) depending on the brand you go with (I'd say average price is probably around $150 though). Take a look at Tire Rack to get an idea of the different tires that are out there in the size you're looking for and their prices. Be sure to read the reviews for each tire too, as that'll give you a good idea if their junk or not.

Also, keep an eye out on E-bay for used tires with good tread on them. I recently picked up tires for my truck on there that were only 2/32's shy of their brand new tread depth, and I ended up saving about $250 compared to buying them new.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Snafu
Default RE: New Tires

First of all, Goodrich doesn't make Wranglers, Goodyear does. Second, Wranglers are junk, they don't last. I've got 285/75r16 Cooper Discoverer AT's on my 3/4 ton. This is the second truck I've had this same tire style on, and they are great! I paid $520 for the set, mounted and balanced. On a street driven 4x4, I don't think I'd go with anything else. I'm in Michigan and I've only used my 4wd twice this year, and only cause of ice.

Quick Reply: New Tires