2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just a giant nut roll

Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Dtruck96
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a giant nut roll

Well this whole thing started off two weeks ago as doing a tranny swap which took me about 3 days. After swapping out to my new Dr. Evil tranny I couldnt put my extra deep tranny pan on do to my custom exhaust I had a shop put in a few years back. So I take my truck to a local shop to have him bend me a new pipe to fit around my pan. I drop it off a return an hour later to see the guy under my truck with an impact gun and about a two foot extension on it. So I walk up to see what he is doing and he is using the gun on the header flange bolts that connect to the pipe. After that he lowers my truck and starts it up to see how it works. Now I can hear a huge exaust leak and I am like what the hell it didnt sound like that when I brought it in here. Well upon further inspection it seems he broke the weld on top of the flange. So I am kinda up in the air on what to do. I dont really want him working on it anymore to try and fix it. Who knows else what he will break. Possibly make him buy a new pair? Oh yea to boot the pipe still doesnt clear the pan. I am so freaking frustrated right now. Plus I cant return my core back to dr. evil without a pan. I had to reuse the old one for now. I will be going back to the exhaust shop tomarrow and see if we can come to some kind of agreement. Any thoughts on what I should do to follow up on this?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:34 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran
Default RE: Just a giant nut roll

bring it back and MAKE them fix it, you told them what you wanted and you didnt get it. there was another person on here who had the same troubles with a exhaust shop on here, you might be able to look it up and see what they say

Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take pictures 1st , then see if they are willing to work with you with cost and parts .. Good luck !!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Take pictures of the area you gonna get worked on before ANY outside work is performed...always!

In this case take pics then +1 on the MAKE THEM FIX IT AND DO THE JOB YOU PAID THEM FOR....

Or just throw a hammer through their front window....I lose more hammers that way.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

Don't talk to the tech, talk to the Manager/owner. You hired them to fix something for a specific price and they did not do it. In addition to not doing it they broke something else. They are required to fix it correctly.

If they cannot fix it, make them return your money and pay to replace/fix the broken piece. Have another shop do the work then.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just a giant nut roll