2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cheap way to make my truck faster!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
mstephen89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheap way to make my truck faster!

if you have a deisel pushing 580 hp, and its not a semi, i want to see that truck. I think you mean torque. Either way, i garuntee that diesel wont go in the woodsas good as yours.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:48 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 222 Likes on 207 Posts

to the OP... crank sensor mod (free), 180 deg t-stat ($10 bux), open element air filter (search FIPK no more to find the thread, not sure on the cost). these will get you going cheep... autolite 3923 plugs, msd superconductor wires are a couple more tricks...

Old 04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....sigh....I...I just.....I just don't have the energy to respond to this....WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

How old are you?

Write your **** and vinegar factor here_______. Here is a handy chart:
PAV FACTOR
16-19 90%
20-23 80%
24-26 70%
27-30 60%
etc.
Married= -15% Kids=-10% each Men suffer a 1% PAV loss for each year married. Hopefully by 40 you have no PAV factor. You will then know what a truck is for. If you are in your 50's and just bought a red sports car-you are not fooling anybody. You arefaking your PAV.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Creeper

ha ha yasorry

Old 04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Tarner
Professional

Lets see here my PAV base line is at 60%. I've been married 10 years. So that brings me down to 35%. Then you add three kids into the mix and I'm now down to 5%.

My truck is so neglected.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 01:03 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lower the PAV factor the better!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:19 PM
94Ramsey
Professional

hey dont forget the 1.21 giggawatts. call doc he could help ya out with that LOL no offence man but a 2500 isent built for speed and as far as not keeping up with your friends powerless stroker lean into the gas a little or follow the basics like above stated.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:07 AM
BigDaddyRoss
Default 1997 dodge dakota

Alright lol i think that everyone has gotten off topic.With my 97 Dodge Dakota heres what I think are the cheapest and easiest was to help make your truck faster:

Cold Air Intake- go K and N
Throttle Body Spacer
Get performance headers (not the cheapest but necessary)
Get a chip the more high dollar tuners dont make much more of a difference so just get a cheap jet stage 2.
Electric fan and water pump - takes some drag off the motor and really improves engine life but you may need a better battery and alternator.
180 degree thermostat
Set of underdrive pulleys but dont go too cheap
Better mass air flow sensor
get superconductor plug wires no smaller than 8.0
a new ignition system - ive had luck with mallory hyfire
iridium spark plugs
and lastly use high octane

This is what I did with my truck with 1600 dollars and a year. I got to 410 hp on the dyno and managed 22 mpg after a 3 inch lift. But be careful because after this while doing a burnout I ripped pretty much the whole rear end to pieces. But now shes just fine. Good luck and have fun.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 AM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Originally Posted by BigDaddyRoss
Alright lol i think that everyone has gotten off topic.With my 97 Dodge Dakota heres what I think are the cheapest and easiest was to help make your truck faster:

Throttle Body Spacer
Get a chip the more high dollar tuners dont make much more of a difference so just get a cheap jet stage 2.
Electric fan and water pump - takes some drag off the motor and really improves engine life but you may need a better battery and alternator.
180 degree thermostat
iridium spark plugs

This is what I did with my truck with 1600 dollars and a year. I got to 410 hp on the dyno and managed 22 mpg after a 3 inch lift. But be careful because after this while doing a burnout I ripped pretty much the whole rear end to pieces. But now shes just fine. Good luck and have fun.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:25 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BigDaddyRoss

Throttle Body Spacer
180 degree thermostat
iridium spark plugs

Way to bring back a 2 year old post. I can't tell if you are being serious or not, but I found this post hilarious. First, the throttle body spacer, come on man, its junk, go put it in the back seat of your civic. Second, the Jet Stage 2 crud, also junk, your computer will re learn it, and the high dollar ones are the way to go, specifically, SuperChips, SCT, Hypertech. And Third, 410 hp out of a basically stock Ram? No, not gonna happen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheap way to make my truck faster!