2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bypassing factory Infinity Amps

Old 05-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Trey318
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bypassing factory Infinity Amps

ORIGINAL: dusty_duster

ORIGINAL: Trey318

Exactly
Did you install an aftermarket headunit? If so, just run new wires to the speakers and bypass the amp altogether.
That'd probably be the easiest idea in theory, but it might be a pain running the wires. I'll probably be doing that though. I want to rewire everything when I buy a new amp and a pair of subs, so I can completely get rid of the Infinity crap.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Trey318
Captain

Thinkin about it, if I run the wires directly from my head unit from my speaker, will I lose my tweeters?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:16 PM
priest1981
Professional

ORIGINAL: Trey318

Thinkin about it, if I run the wires directly from my head unit from my speaker, will I lose my tweeters?
Yes you will. Use the diagram I posted earlier and "T" your 6x9's into the wires coming from the radio at the amp. That is what I did on mine and it works great.

Will

Old 05-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Trey318
Captain

ORIGINAL: priest1981

OK, I found a diagram at work. On my 98 Q.C. the left wires are DG and BR/RD and the right are VT and DB/RD. If you do not leave these connected to your amp the tweeters on the A pillar will stop working, I "T"ed mine in so they were still connected to the amp. Hope this helps.

Will
That did the trick. Thank you so much for the advice. It gave me another 4-8 volume levels without distortion. The colors you gave me were actually from the plug that goes to the amp to the deck. The colors I actually had to splice were blue (positive) and grey (negative), and they were the same for both sides.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
rkleim

Im having the same problem. 2001 Dodge Ram. It had an alpine deck already installed when I bought it and all the rest of the infinity system was still there and worked great. The speaker went bad in the pass door. So I bought some alpines 6x9's to put in. I took the 6x9 with amp out, but now which wires do I need to hook up to the speakers? I want the tweeters to work too. Right now after I took the speaker/amp out of the pass door, I have no sound on any speaker and my door locks and windows dont work??? Cant figure it out. There are 12 wires going into the speaker amp, one is ground and 4 have power.

For some reason I cant see the wiring diagram that was posted up.

Help me please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bypassing factory Infinity Amps