2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C drainage question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 PM
insulinboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C drainage question

I currently have an issue with A/C and heater. First problem caused the second before I ever got the truck, but its a problem I would like to solve sometime soon.

Well the first problem is that the drainage line for my A/C is plugged and my A/C is currently creating a flood in the passenger side of my truck draining all over my floor board. I made some temporary fixes. put a pinhole in the floor to drain it so I dont have any stagnant water in the truck.. then my second problem...

Where the A/C was draining was right on top of the little electric motor that controls the temperature of the interior of the truck. sticking the heat on.. oh what fun it is to drive in atlanta with the heat on in the middle of summer.. no problem, I put a cut-off on the heater core so no fluid is going to it (I never really use the heat down here anyway. Im from the great white north and it doesnt get cold enough here for me to use it.. I miss the snow.. how sad am I?) well I got the little motor working again but dont want to reinstall anything untill after my leak is fixed.. so is there a way to unclog my drain without ripping the dash apart? can I get to it with the truck on the lift somehow and push a wire coathanger through it and unclog it? or do I need to rip out my entire dash? please help.. Im afraid of waterfalls lol

Old 10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no need to tear anything apart. drain tube is on firewall, passenger side, behind the ac dryer canister thing. a little tube about 3/8" or so. probe a coat hanger or something up in there. its common for the seal around the tube to crack, and so it drains, but runs back into the cab through the crack. reseal with rtv, or add a drain hose onto the end of the tube to route it down and away.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
vmann
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
no need to tear anything apart. drain tube is on firewall, passenger side, behind the ac dryer canister thing. a little tube about 3/8" or so. probe a coat hanger or something up in there. its common for the seal around the tube to crack, and so it drains, but runs back into the cab through the crack. reseal with rtv, or add a drain hose onto the end of the tube to route it down and away.
thats what i did. Just added a drain hose to the end and now it drains down.

Quick Reply: A/C drainage question