2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

squeak while accelerating

Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I thought I had her all figured out.... got under the truck and I can't get the U-joints to move at ALL nothing nadda I was jerking on them pretty good. I did notice that the Transfer case seems to move a lot. (should it do that)

I am also noticing that the squeak noise goes away when the truck is warmed up??????

any new ideas?

Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 PM
jt13speed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so this thread is a year old...but i have an 02 ram 1500 and i have recently developed this same squeak that gets faster and faster as i accelerate and then seems to disappear after ive driven around for a while. Did you solve your problem?? I have to climb under there and check it out tomarrow

Old 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
FULLERME09
Default same promblem

hey i got the same problem with my chevy once you hit 35 it stops and once you put it in neautral it stops

Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
fakexnewfashionx

i kind of have the same problem but i replaced my universal and it still squeaks. any ideas?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM
crackajack92
Amateur

i also have one now eversince my hub assembly and stub axle replacement ive checked everything again and still squeeks in the front very high pitched and loud.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

check the disk brake pads to see if the pad is worn out and the squealer tab is dragging on the rotor.

start by jacking up the tire and spinning it to see if you can duplicate the sound.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
fakexnewfashionx

i had the same thing but i went to go change my wheel bearings and come to find out my rear is blown the spider gears were cracked and the fluid was old and smelt gross as hell. i would suggest open of the rear diff and take a good look inside.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:40 PM
campermama
Professional

Mine never made a noise until I just had the radiator replaced, now I have a squeal. Mechanic thinks coolant got on the belt. Truck runs fine except for this noise. So I drove it home (was on the road at the time) 600 miles.....squeals only during acceleration, after all these miles squeal is still there.
Any ideas? I checked all the work the mechanic did (I watched him work) and nothing is loose.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
cntry_prernnr
Professional

Originally Posted by campermama
Mine never made a noise until I just had the radiator replaced, now I have a squeal. Mechanic thinks coolant got on the belt. Truck runs fine except for this noise. So I drove it home (was on the road at the time) 600 miles.....squeals only during acceleration, after all these miles squeal is still there.
Any ideas? I checked all the work the mechanic did (I watched him work) and nothing is loose.

i have a similar issue. mine squeals between about 2500 and 4K RPM and i think its the fan in my case. thinking of changing to electric fan to fix my problem.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:33 AM
turkamania
Default only squeaks when i hit the gas

Im having the same problem. it only makes the noise when i accelerate but it does stop when i let off the gas. it stops completely when ever i start going down the road for a while.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: squeak while accelerating