2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

squeak while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 02:16 PM
005cummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turkamania
Im having the same problem. it only makes the noise when i accelerate but it does stop when i let off the gas. it stops completely when ever i start going down the road for a while.
Same exact issue. Anyone found the problem?

Old 11-04-2016, 01:46 PM
DodgeDamnit

I've been having the same problem with the squeaking during acceleration. Has anyone been able to figure it out yet? Mine only does it around 2k rpm and goes away as soon as I let off the gas. I'm wondering if it is something with the transmission before it goes to down shift. I've checked most everything I can think of and that has been mentioned on here. It sounds like a bad bearing to me, I just can't find it.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:26 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

I'm not sure if my idea has been mentioned, and I'm not sure if it's usually a problem on these dodge trucks, but I also have a 02 Chevy and it squeaks or squeals when it gets cold outside, but goes away when it warms up. I found out it was the power steering pump, and put some of power steering quiet in and it went away. My did it when you just revved it to, but I would check that. It doesn't sound like the problem but it doesn't hurt to check.

Quick Reply: squeak while accelerating