2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodge getting ready to go to gmc ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:41 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default dodge getting ready to go to gmc ?????

im finding out that dodge is getting closer and closer to biting the dust, read alot of news that it could be traded soon http://www.topix.net/autos/chrysler/...ble-by-tuesday and also that it could go to nissian maybe, i dunno that what it says on the opening page. im kinda irritated that dodge is going to a gm. i cant stand gm. im a dodge guy. and im sorry that dodge wont be the same agian. i dunno what you guys think.

or you guys think the new 09 dodge truck with the improved motor , will help dodge back out ????

Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather see them work out a deal with Nissan than GM.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This topic is already being covered in the Rumors forum.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they do go with gmc,my next truck will be a ford. i hate gm as well.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think with the quality issues Dodge has been having for a while now they need to go to someone. Being as how I'm a Ford man I'd rather see it be Ford but oh well. I will say I don't like the new Ford trucks all that much. Especially not the F-150's the 250's and 350's still are okay. That and the fact that the Chevy's have nice motors make me like the Chevy's however normally I do not like Chevy at all. I actually wanted a Ford when I bought my truck but never found one like I wanted so I settled for the Dodge. Some days I wish I hadn't. Other days I'm glad I bought my truck.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Gary-L
Legend

^^ Ford trucks have had a bad rep for almost the last 15 years. I would never consider owning one after having been through a 1997 4.2L V6.

About two months ago, the machine shop that redid my Magnum told me the word of the day was "Triton". Seems he's been getting a ton of work in for Ford Triton V8s that are suffering from head problems or broken rods/spun bearings.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:05 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd rather Dodge go to Nissan, but GMC wouldn't be that bad. Ford would be the worst place to go. They have the worst pickup reputation of the big three right now, IMO. Only reason they are still in business is because of customer loyalty, some will stick with them no matter what, thinking that they are just the exception or that the "other two" are worse. Little do they realize they are the norm, and there is a reason Ford will be bankrupt in matter of a few years (or so I've seen estimated).

Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can find things wrong with every manufacturer.they ALL have weak points.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. I would own any of the big three. All have good and bad points. My preference in order though is Dodge, Ford, then GM. Toyota and Nissan might fall in there somewhere too though, but i've yet to really look hard at a Tundra or a Titan to say for sure. See a lot of them on the road though.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by talon6
you can find things wrong with every manufacturer.they ALL have weak points.
That may be true, but Ford's have been much worse these past 15 years. I think they have worse transmission problems than Dodge.

Quick Reply: dodge getting ready to go to gmc ?????