2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Crabman
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removing Headliner

I have to replace my headliner. Found the material and adhesive. Plan to get going this weekend. Any tips before I begin. I've never pulled the pillar post covers off before. I assume they just snap in. More info would be appreciated. TIA.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
guitarking135
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just don't break the clips off on the pillars and as far as the visors go. They way I do them is to fold it down unscrew the one that is just the clip thats not attached then move the visor 90 so its parallel with the door and take that one out. this way when you put it back your not fighting trying to figure out which one goes where and getting it to bend right so you can get the screw in there.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Crabman
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you just grab the top of the pillar and work your way down to get the pillar off? Mine seems like it's on pretty tight.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
guitarking135
Professional

Start at the top of the pillar and pull firmly but dont yank The clips are kinda tight if you break one its not the end of the world you can glue them back togather but its a pain just pull the top one out then from there slide your hand in behind and kinda use a prying type motion after you have the pillars off take all the visors and stuff down then if your carefull you can pop the push tab things out with out tearing them up and can reuse them.. you want to reuse them those things are expensive for no more than what they are. Things are you going to be tight especially if its never been out before just be carefull be firm but don't just yank

Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
95laRAMie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Crabman
I have to replace my headliner. Found the material and adhesive. Plan to get going this weekend. Any tips before I begin. I've never pulled the pillar post covers off before. I assume they just snap in. More info would be appreciated. TIA.
Where did u get the material and the adhesive, cuz i have to do this in my truck

Quick Reply: Removing Headliner