2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone have Pacesetter Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:06 PM
chaud
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Pacesetter Headers?

I am wanting to put some headers on my 95 Ram, but I'm on a budget. I got a new jc whitney catalog and they have the pacesetter brand for around $200. Has anyone else out there had any experiences with using the pacesetter brand? If so did they fit well and did you notice any horsepower gains? Just wondering if their worth the money.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have Pacesetter Headers?

I have never used pacesetter, but I read this posting on another Dodge forum called Dodge Talk. Pretty much says they are crap.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42659

Old 02-19-2005, 09:49 PM
wildthing4870
Rookie

I will tell you the down and dirty truth. i have never used them on a truck but i used to supe up neons, and lots of people liked pacesetter, nice and loud kinda gave the straight 4 a V8 sound. But the welds are ****ty they will rust out on ya within 2 years. If you buy pacesetters take them to a local muffler shop and pay an extra 40$ or so and have them re weld all the welds on the muffles a lil wider. Then they should be great, they have a nice rumble.

Old 02-22-2005, 05:59 AM
waterbug1999
Rookie

I dont have them on my Truck but i have them on my Trans Am.. They have been on there for 2 years and no rust yet. Just make sure you get the coated ones. As far as the weldes go.. They are excellant, nice thick flanges as well. For the price that i paid. They are a good bang for the buck IMO. Have you seen them on line for the truck? Are they long tubes or shorties?

Quick Reply: Anyone have Pacesetter Headers?