2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

kickdown anchor

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM
skunkwork
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kickdown anchor

Hey guys, i`m a newbie on here. has anybody ever had the anchor on the kickdown band break?. my 01 ram has a 46re trans an 318. i thought the gov. press. silinoid was bad, cause it wouldn`t up shift unless you let off the gas an then it would up shift, i went to replace it an pulled the pan off an there the anchor laid in the bottom of the pan! is this something that can be replaced w/o having to drop the trans out or can you remove the valve body an get to it from the bottom? any help would be appreciated...an this is a great site! sorry for the bad spelling an grammer but it`s getting latean i`m tired.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 PM
skunkwork

Okay guys i pulled the vavle body out an replaced the kickdown band anchor an put everything back together. adjusted the front band like the service manual said an filled up the trans w. mopar atf4. let it run until it gor hot an checked the fluid an topped it off. now i have no reverse gear an the shifter feels sloppy...any ideas on whats wrong? i didn`t adjust the rear band cause i figured it didn`t need it, truck only has 68 thousand miles on it..i don`t understand what is wrong every thing was working fine when i pulled it in the garage, just wouldn`t up shift...replaced the gps an the transducer cause i thought that was the problem in the first place any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry i missed your first post.

Either you installed the VB wrong or you need to adjust the rear band.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
skunkwork

figured it out....the inner accumalator spring had fallen in my drain pan an i didn`t notice it being gone when i put the valve body back in...found it this morning when i emptied the drain pan. put it back in an every thing seems to be working fine now. just have to adjust the linkage some.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
keepviper13

digging this back up....

From what I can tell I've got the same issue... At first I believed it to be derived from somewhere else (considering an engine/tranny swap) but I found this little guy in the pan when I went to change the fluid....

I assume this is the kickdown band anchor mentioned above... Now, ho do I get this little guy back to it's home...

A diagram would be greatly appreciated...

Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Download the FSM it's most likely in it. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...tmas-guys.html

Quick Reply: kickdown anchor