2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vacuum Leak? CAD unit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Vacuum Leak? CAD unit...

So I found a new problem today, may be causing my idling and power issues... not sure. The red vacuum line going to (or from) the CAD acctuator is cracked in half. Could this cause a serious idle issue? Maybe suck some H.P. and make my vents go nuts under acceleration? Thanks for your time and input!
Also, what would be the most efficiant and low cost way to go about repairing this? Mind you I will be using 4wheel ALOT this coming winter

Old 08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

read this.
http://dodgeram.org/tech/repair/4X4/4x4_engagment.htm

any vac leak causes lots of problems.
just fix them with new pieces of vac hose.
t-case should put vac on one hose in 2wd, on the other in 4wd.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:16 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I looked it over. I took a small piece of rubber hose and patched the line. According to the 4WD indicator it's engaging and disengaging smoothly now. Didn't feel the difference in throttle response but who knows. There's a spider web of vacuum lines that I've replaced so maybe it's something else. Just threw a code#32 EGR so I'll look in that direction next.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Leak? CAD unit...