2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Surgin around 40mph and stalling after warmed up.Help?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
dirtoutlaw88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...just thought I'd give y'all the update. Changed out the torque converter lockup solenoid and that gave me much better shifts it seems, and that stopped the 40 mph surging. Still didn't seem to have the sit you back in the seat power that it should so I felt the cat and the front would steam water and the back I could hold my hand on after 15min of idling, so looked up through the tail pipe and it was black and not flowing as much air as I would expect. So the cat material took a trip out the back pipe and now it revs faster and falls faster. Thanks to aim4squirrels I went ahead and changed out the o2 sensor and that stopped the stalling at idle and while at lights even though it wasn't throwin a code. So far i've put 50 miles on 'er today just headin around the block. So far, so good! I sure do appreciate all your help. Just wanted to say thank yah a million till your better paid!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear it's better... thanks for the update, i hate went people don't, i alway wonder if they get it fixed or what the problem was... thanks!!

Quick Reply: Surgin around 40mph and stalling after warmed up.Help?!