2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Think I got it done

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM
mailman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I got it done

I had been having CEL issues since Mon.--could have been any or all of a half dozen things causing the truck to miss and run rough. Here's what I ended up doing. I had about a half a tank of gas, and dumped in a can of Chemtool B-12. I had used this before in a 4-wheeler that refused to start. I ran it a while, let it sit a couple of days, then started it again today. No missing, no vibration, and the check engine light went off. May not be a permanent fix, but it is running like it is supposed to. Thanks to all who responded to my woes.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:38 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

When you get a chance, stop by any Advance Auto or other auto store that reads codes for free and see if their are any CEL codes stored. (Just curious.)

Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

depending on the year, you dont need to go any where...the code will flash

Old 04-24-2009, 11:58 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To retrieve the code from a 96 you turn the key quickly(within 10sec) to, on, off, on, off, on. With it left on the last time, cel goes out, then it will start flashing 2 digit codes. It will always end with a code 55, that signifies end of codes. 12 is recent battery/pcm disconnect in last 50 starts. If that was the only code, it would go
Flash 1x, pause, flash 2x, longer pause, flash 5x, pause, flash 5x

Code meanings at the link below
http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.html