2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

reverse lights dont work need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Kindschi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem but I have a fix.. I put the truck in R then move the stick slowing up and down without pulling it back to change gears. Normally when I move it down the lights come on.

Its a common Dodge problem. Me and my friends own several 2nd Gen bodies and only one does not have a problem with the reverse lights.. Not sure the actual reason why this is since we dont care enough to fix.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Frogsnot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i never cared until now for some odd reason. figured itd just be nice to have them working for that one time when i actually need to see like the edge of a bridge or something like that.
but ya i dont get paid till next thursday so ill go buy that switch you were talking about earlier. thanks for all the help and if for some odd reason it doesn't work im just gonna say f- it.
im gonna go try that wiggling the shifter thing right now too. if that works ill just do that forever.

Quick Reply: reverse lights dont work need help