2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dash finally fixed

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
TonkaMan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash finally fixed

so I was taking seemingly weekly trip to the stealership for a tailgate cable which had broke when I ran into the service manager whom I have dealt exclusively with. I was in a joking mood so I asked her if dodge was ever planing on doing anything about the well known cracked dash issue for these trucks. her response actually surprised me, she gave me a phone number and told me to call chrysler about it and see if they could help me. long story short I called gave a bunch of info and finally got in touch with a fella by the name of Mike from Detroit, Mike told me the parts are on back order but gave me a file number and told me to have the dealer give him a call. I passed on the info to terri from service at my dealer and she called me a few days later saying we are good to go the parts have been ordered and it is a 100 dollar "deductible" for a new dash with a 3 year, 36K warrenty. now mind you I have no warrenty on any part of my truck. It sounds to me like chrysler got tired of everyone bitching about a recall so they are covering the costs minus 100 bucks to replace the dash. I also managed to get a brand new windshield outta the deal for free too (mine mysteriously got cracked during the install)

Old 09-03-2008, 05:47 AM
bigquest
Default dash phone #

Glad to hear you got your dash fixed up. So how about passing that number on to us, thanks.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:50 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting.
If you still have the telephone number
to call at Chrysler
please post it

Old 09-03-2008, 07:02 AM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*knock on wood* mine isn't cracked yet, but what years were most prone to cracking?

Also, I never use any thing on my plastic/vinyl dashes, just a dust cloth. Hoping that will prolong any cracks.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Haha, yea lets get that number!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Dontdodgeitramit
Professional

Heck yea. I thought i was one of the lucky trucks but finally has cracked right by the defrost vents on the driver side.. That number would be awesome cause this just straight up pissed me off cause it seems like everyday the crack gets longer. Its an eye sore for me. How hard was the install?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
TonkaMan
Rookie

I have no idea where the number got to as its been a while (I wanted to make sure everything was going to work out the way they said before I posted that it was fixed) however I can make a call to teri tomorrow and grab the number from her again. as far as the install I have no idea the dealer guys took care of all of that I can tell ya I was there waitin for about 3 or 4 hours. not too bad though... nice comfy leather sofa to sit an read.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I installed the dash piece on my Ram it took about 3 hours with both me and my buddy that I worked with. He is a mechanic. We both worked on it for about 3 hours. Not sure that it would take me that long again. Mine that I replaced has a few cracks in it now so I'm kind of ticked off again. It has a crack where the black dash bezel covers and one around a bolt hole at the windshield but they are hard to see right now.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
TonkaMan
Rookie

alright fellas as promised I made the call to get that number again 1800-992-1997, that is the customer service number for chrysler. When I called they asked for my vin and wanted me to explain the extent of the damage then ya get a file number, the guy I eventually got in touch with was mike in Detroit. Hope it works out as well for you guys as it did for me.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Someone should sticky this thread so that anyone with a cracked dash will know what to do.

Or maybe put it in the DIY links or something, somewhere easy to find.

Quick Reply: dash finally fixed