2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

yes another tranny thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:47 PM
bigblue99dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes another tranny thread

i probably missed it but i need some info on my tranny, 99 3/4 ton 4x4 quad cab w/V10. i have been looking on this sight for about 4 hours, minus bathroom breaks and time out to kick the cats, just kidding, and thought i came close to an answer many times. but i still havent found the same problems that are in mine. when it cools down completly, i can put it in reverse and it might go and you might have to rev the engine to about 2500 rpms, and back off and then touch the gas again, then it will back up till you stop, no slipping while doing this, when you drive it and get it warmed up there is a very good chance it will not go in reverse, till it cools down. meaning hours of setting, sometimes it will go if you rev it up, i have replaced the fluid and filter. didnt find anything inthe pan. very very few fileings. it has around 140,000 miles. if you need anymore info let me know, all forward gears work fine, it wil pull a ford around the world, sorry ford owners, i owned one.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since the 47RE tranny can only be found in V10 and diesel trucks, you'll find very little in here to help you. Most of the regulars in here have 1500 or V8 trucks, which have the 46RH/RE primarily. You might want to check out the diesel forum for help.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 AM
bigblue99dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info, i will check there. great forum, been lookin thru at some of the threads and they are helpful and some are just to dang funny. thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: yes another tranny thread