2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another engine control fuse problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 04:20 AM
Keith Allen Nelson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2001 Dodge ram 1500 blew engine control fuse several times.

I noticed my volt meter had been reading high voltage. So after lots of troubleshooting, I replaced alternator. Problem solved

Old 12-22-2016, 06:50 AM
Tboned
Rookie

Great diagnostic analysis!

Old 10-07-2017, 05:22 PM
David Micciche
Default 30 amp fuse keeps blowing

I'm havin the same issue. The 30 amp engine control keeps blowing. I bought this truck used, it's a 1997 ram 2500 v10. When it 1st started blowing I went and pulled out and taped up all the old unused wires that the previous owner had installed for a car alarm, and what I was told was a train horn. That seemed to do the trick and the fuse stopped blowing. But my engine light came on immediately saying P0174 (bank 2 system too lean). So I replaced the bank 2 o2 sensor, and now the fuse pops again as soon as I crank it.. I disconnect the 2 bank 2 o2 sensors and still popping..
on another note that might be related. From the previous owner the truck has installed those really bright headlights everyone loves to be in front of that after a half hr of driving or so, overheat and start flashing. Could these issues be related?
Any and help is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Another engine control fuse problem