I.O.D. (Ignition Off Drain) Fuse - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

I.O.D. (Ignition Off Drain) Fuse

Old 12-02-2016, 04:42 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Emes View Post
was woundering if the i.o.d. or abs/RWAL fuse could case the speedo to quit working
What are you driving?
Old 02-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Shannon Oswald

Thanks to Dodge Forum posts, I now have power mirrors again... and now maybe I can take the click light down from the roof of the cab and put the dome light back up... I could not figure out where the interior light fuse was.... I.O.D. means fuse for everything that doesn't already have it's own fuse, I guess.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:02 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

That's "Ignition Off Draw"...... Why they just can't call it an "accessory fuse" is beyond me.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:18 PM
bitterrootbull

Default I.O.D. Fuse

I want to thank everyone for this information to fix power to my radio and internal dome and aux/reading lights. I was installing a LED 3rd Brake/Cargo/Reverse light and of coarse, the new LED light fixture was not wired correctly. I was being impatient and rearranged some pins in the LED light fixture. It was only later I realized while doing so, I blew something. I too checked all fuses inside the engine compartment and fuse panel inside the truck, so I thought. The two yellow were marked Air Bags but I did pull them and check those because I saw a few posts saying that is where the IOD fuse was. I too was confused when the fuse cover said something totally different. I came back and read another Thread and I pulled the last one under the black cover and sure ****, that was the problem. 10 amp fuse, are you kidding me, I thought for sure it would be a minimum 15 amp but was leaning towards a 20 amp fuse. I didn't check these because of the size of the fuse.

Any ways gentlemen, thank you very much for the help.

As for switching my cargo light to LED, not sure I like them due to they are no where as bright as my OEM 3rd Brake/Cargo/Reverse fixture. Does anyone know how, if even possible, to brighten these damn things up?

Does anyone have any say one way or the other regarding LED HEAD LIGHTS OR LED TAIL LIGHTS?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM
dodgeram15001999

Unhappy Dodge Ram 1500 1999 IOD Fuse blow

Hello everyone.....I have problem with the Fuse number 12 IOD....on my Dodge Ram 1500 1999 Laramie 5.9..........

No radio work ...dome light,,,,,,,every light doesnt work,,,,,,Inside light .....Mirror electric not work too..

What is the problem...When I put a New Fuse......It blow after 5 seconds..

Thank you very much for your help...

Jc..........
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

You have a short somewhere. Need to find it.

Welcome to DF!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:26 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker

Here's what you do...

Get a 12v light bulb, a turn signal or tail light bulb. Solder some wires to it and stick it in where the fuse goes. The light will light up. Now go searching for your short. Check individual circuits, one at a time. (I'm betting a wire in the A pillar or up by the visors or such). Someplace where a screw might have pierced it or a wire got pinched. Any work done on your truck recently? Stereo install? ( try unplugging the whole stereo unit). When you find the circuit and/or the shorting issue, the light bulb will go out. This will not harm any wiring but may drain your battery, depending upon how long it takes you to troubleshoot.