2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headlights on the fritz

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:03 AM
corona4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights on the fritz

1998 1500 with about 205k on it...

went out last week to go to the gym, started the truck, turned the headlights on...and they didn't work. parking lights worked fine, blinkers worked, interior lights worked fine, brake lights worked fine, no problems starting the truck. just the headlights were out. only difference in routine from previous days/weeks is that the outside temperature was pretty cold, but i've used the truck/lights in WAY WAY WAY colder temps with no problems.

scratched my head a bit....said "there's no way they both blew out at once" and didn't go to the gym that night.

after work the next day, headlights worked fine (forgot to check in the morning)

next day, truck randomly didn't start after work after starting perfectly normally in the morning. dead battery. never had that issue before. got a jumpstart, everything worked fine.

next day, truck started perfectly in the morning...dead after work. roll started it.

has started fine every day since, and the headlights have worked.

until today when i go out to go to the grocery store....turn the truck on, flick the lights...no headlights. everything else works.

wtf is going on? i don't even know where to start.

thanks!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:07 AM
halfamil
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headlight switch is going.A very common problem.

Quick Reply: headlights on the fritz