2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

found my leak

Old 10-31-2009, 09:26 AM
tboss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink found my leak

I have been finding water on the pass side carpet after a rain sooooo I started to search out the situation and discovered that rite under the hood hindge there is a open space that goes all the way down to the bottom of the door ,,I park my trk under trees and when the leaves fall on the trk they will end up in this open space and after a while they will build up and compress down so much that it will stop up the cavity so tight that water will not drain out the bottom of the fender and the water will run into the cab and wind up on the carpet,,,I cleaned out this cavity and blew out all the depree and checked after two heavy rains and walla no wet carpet ,,I fashoned a piece of screen wire to fit the cavity to stop the leaves from going down into the open space ...works great,, If you have wet carpet and cant find the leak try this it worked for me....Terry

Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

would this have to do with the recall on the hood hinges possibly?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 PM
jmhai
Veteran

Can you post a pic of the area your talking about..? Not sure where you are talking about. I have the same problem..

Old 11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
tboss
Rookie

I have never had any luck with posting pics here but if you lift up your hood and look at the rear hindges it will be right under them ,,its the area where the hindge collapses into ,,I wish I knew more puter jargan so I cld post pics here but Ive never seen an explaination given that I could understand wht they are talking abt,,such as your url address and many more,,,Im 68 yrs old and I guess the old saying you cant teach an old dog new tricks is tru...but I will keep trying....

Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jmhai
Can you post a pic of the area your talking about..? Not sure where you are talking about. I have the same problem..
ditto... good to know I will check it out

Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tboss, its time an old dog learned a new trick. you've got a digital camera right. set the camera to low resolution like 640x480 so the pics aren't so big in size. all you gotta do is upload them first to your computer, then up to the internet - to a photo hosting site like photobucket.com. each picture you upload is assigned a unique address (a url). once you've got them on photo bucket, then you copy/paste the link into your post here, using the yellow/mountain icon in the quick reply window. the yellow/mountain puts the IMG wrappers around the url.
or just copy/paste the IMG code from the photobucket picture.

registration at photobucket (or any other photo hosting site) is free and easy. your homework assignment is to post a pic. here's an example.

this is all spaced out, so you can see it.
[ I M G ] h t t p : / / i 5 1 9 . p h o t o b u c k e t . c o m / a l b u m s / u 3 5 5 / d h v a u g h a n / e l k 1 a . j p g [ / I M G ]

this is the url to the pic.
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...ghan/elk1a.jpg

this is the pic embedded in the post.
Name:  elk1a.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  4.9 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: found my leak