2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TB Removal V10

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB Removal V10

I have the air intake off and the TPS and IAC sensors out so I decided I'm gonna take the TB off because it is filthy. How do I disconnect the throttle from the TB? Do I have to replace the gasket if I take the TB off? Thanks.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:19 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Not sure what the linkage looks like on the V10s but I can tell you if you've never pulled
the TB then its probably been a while and you should get a new gasket. I replace it
every time I take the TB off, but thats just my habbit.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The throttle connects pretty easily with snap-fit connectors. Paper gaskets should never be reused.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional

Ok, I'm leavig it alone for now. I replaced the TPS, but now realized that I should have actually replaced the IAC. I cleaned the IAC really well and the port it was in, but when I put the air intake back on and cranked the truck the idle was still very rough and it still wasnt kicking down to idle when I came to a stop until I was already commpletely stopped. I have been driving around with the rpms always at about 1400 until I stop then they drop hard down to just below idle. I think the IAC is done.

Quick Reply: TB Removal V10