2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

98 1500 ram electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
beverkiller
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 1500 ram electrical problem

Hi all, I have a 98 Ram 1500 extended cab that I use for my woods truck.

For the last year or so the ignition dinger won't shut off when I drive the truck. In addition the warning lights all come on at random The over head counsel quit working, and the radio quit. Other than the issue of the annoying dinger, the truck has run fine until 2 days ago when the interior lights came on and started flickering randomly. Soon after the truck shut off and I had to tow it home.

The dinger sometimes will not stay on when the truck is first started but after it is warmed up and I shut it off and restart it the dinger stays on.

I am thinking that the ignition switch is toast, but I am also suspicious of the terminal fuse box. Maybe a short in that?

I haven't pulled anything apart yet. The main fuses under the hood seem all fine.

I figure that because most of the accesory power is routed through the ignition switch that the problem might be there.

Anyone have a learned idea?

Quick Reply: 98 1500 ram electrical problem