2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

O2 sensor placement (true duals)

Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O2 sensor placement (true duals)

For those of you with single O2 sensor trucks that have done true duals... Do you need to install an X-pipe and install the O2 sensor there or can you just install it in one of the pipes roughly the same distance from the manifolds as stock location???

I ask because I have to build an exhaust system from scratch for my Intrepid and it looks like my X-pipe is going to be pretty far back (under the tail of the transmission[ish]). I just wonder if installing it so far back will bother anything, or if I should install it about where it belongs in one of the pipes before the X-pipe?

Any input would be great guys, thanks.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker

Installing it back in the x-pipe will be your best choice. That way you are sure to get both banks. The distance from the manifolds does not matter as long as it is not after cats or to close to the end of the exhaust. The oxygen level will not change between the stock location and a few feet farther back.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran

Originally Posted by Gerehead8
Installing it back in the x-pipe will be your best choice. That way you are sure to get both banks. The distance from the manifolds does not matter as long as it is not after cats or to close to the end of the exhaust. The oxygen level will not change between the stock location and a few feet farther back.
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure... Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: O2 sensor placement (true duals)