2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram Fender Removal and Wheel Well Housing

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM
JackJ
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MoorDoom, I dig that paint style. Kinda a throw back to the classics. I don't see that to much any more.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:27 AM
DoItYourSelf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just HAD to do it the hard way

Actually I replaced my driver side fender after hitting a guardrail and wiping the headlight section out. Sorry I didn't take any before pics. What I did was almost what you did minus removing the brake system from the wheel well. What I did was drill out each spotweld and use a spotweld cutter (about $5 dual blade at Harbor Freight) to cut through. Basicly I peeled the fender assy apart like and onion with the aid of an air hammer with metal cutting chisel in it for the bottom right. Took the outside half off so I could see the spotwelds to the wheel well easily and cut the spotwelds out. I noticed that the fender was supporting the wheel well before removing it and put a clamp under the fender before I slid it out so the fender well wouldn't drop and bend the brake lines. Now that everthing is back together I think I am going to bolt the two together until I can get to a friends shop and borrow his mig welder. Then I will weld the two back together. All I can say is thank goodness I didn't do it the way the Haynes Repair Manual said to do it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Fender Removal and Wheel Well Housing