2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1998 RAM Infinity Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Techmerc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 ram schematic

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
If you have replaced the head unit, you can replace the speakers and just wire them up direct to the pioneer. I have wiring diagrams if you need them as well... not sure if you can wire the existing tweeters in there somehow still or not, but someone will know

welcome to DF!
I need a schematic for a 1998 Ram SLT 1500, to replace stereo and speakers. Send to my e-mail at baspier@mac.com
Thanks !!!

Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Download the service manual from the FAQ/DIY section....
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-manuals.html

And this how I wired mine...
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...peakers-2.html

Last edited by Spillage; 03-26-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Techmerc
Default Thread

I have tried for the last day and a half to download the manual for my 1998 Dodge Ram SLT 1500 and the link has not worked. Any suggestions?

Bernie
1998 Dodge Ram

Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

PM me your email address, and I will email it to you.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

The link opens a 2,356 page PDF file (108MB)... that might take a while, depending on your connection speed... be patient.
Email attachments are normally limited to 1 or 2MB.

Here's a Dropbox copy;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mdylag2mm...%20SM.pdf?dl=0

Last edited by Spillage; 03-28-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added Dropbox link
Old 07-28-2016, 02:11 AM
Crucifix83
Default How to wire tweeters after bypassing amp

Hi this probably a dumb question but I have a 2000 Dodge ram 1500 sport quad cab with the infinity stero system I replaced the head unit and all speakers and by passed the factory amps in the doors and now my tweeters don't work can anyone help me to wire them so they will since I bypassed the factory amps already

Old 07-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

4 posts up....

And this how I wired mine...
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-...peakers-2.html

Old 08-24-2022, 03:14 PM
Roughcountry99dodgeramlongbed

My truck is also a wiring hack job it got the doors changed and had the wrong speaker setup so the infinity amps were just cut out and I'm thinking of adding a amplifier to the aftermarket speakers in it now, but with the factory Chrysler CD and cassette player stereo I like it and would prefer it stays,was looking into adding the factory infinity door speakers and known good amplifier like from eBay but $150 a speaker and amplifier setup nope....next plan, truck is actually a 2000 dodge ram Laramie slt quad cab long bed 1500 4x4 and the previous owners put regular cab or club cab doors from a early second gen on it and blasted them flat black because the truck is gloss black and white pinstripe.. anyways I don't really want to put a aftermarket radio in it it had one when I got it that has issues..I bet I can guess why lol. I'm new here although I was a member of the Dodge ram truck forum and a Dakota one that one is on Facebook, but the ram forum usually caters to the 4th and newer..not my cup of tea or coffee is what I'd prefer. I'm usually a big GM gbody and square body trucks fan I've owned several of them, but there are quite a few older mopars I like actually my favorite or dream car is a Mopar a 76-77 dodge charger se Daytona,I'd settle for a basic charger se and a Chrysler Cordoba 75-79 the other two are a 64 Chevy Impala, Biscayne or a Bel-Air and the last one is a 65 Pontiac GTO. I used to have a 74 dodge d100 two tone mint green long bed club cab with a red painted trim wooden flatbed and I also used to have a 90 dodge Dakota SE it was black and silver pinstripe, my favorite Dakota is the two tone 92-95 club cab le short bed 4x4 my best friend had one in highschool, and I have always wanted a 96-97 dodge ram Laramie club cab sport 1500 4x4, but I think they were only short bed and I prefer the long bed trucks,so I ended up with the 2000 dodge ram Laramie long bed I'm was born in 79 for those who wonder how old I am and I'm a northeastern Indiana farm kid live about as close to ft.recovery Ohio as you can on the Indiana side, and I am not a certified mechanic but I do fix my own vehicles being a farm kid growing up we couldn't afford to pay a shop to do it so if we wanted to use them then we had to fix them..

Old 08-24-2022, 06:18 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Roughcountry99dodgeramlongbed
My truck is also a wiring hack job it got the doors changed and had the wrong speaker setup so the infinity amps were just cut out and I'm thinking of adding a amplifier to the aftermarket speakers in it now, but with the factory Chrysler CD and cassette player stereo I like it and would prefer it stays,was looking into adding the factory infinity door speakers and known good amplifier like from eBay but $150 a speaker and amplifier setup nope....next plan, truck is actually a 2000 dodge ram Laramie slt quad cab long bed 1500 4x4 and the previous owners put regular cab or club cab doors from a early second gen on it and blasted them flat black because the truck is gloss black and white pinstripe.. anyways I don't really want to put a aftermarket radio in it it had one when I got it that has issues..I bet I can guess why lol. I'm new here although I was a member of the Dodge ram truck forum and a Dakota one that one is on Facebook, but the ram forum usually caters to the 4th and newer..not my cup of tea or coffee is what I'd prefer. I'm usually a big GM gbody and square body trucks fan I've owned several of them, but there are quite a few older mopars I like actually my favorite or dream car is a Mopar a 76-77 dodge charger se Daytona,I'd settle for a basic charger se and a Chrysler Cordoba 75-79 the other two are a 64 Chevy Impala, Biscayne or a Bel-Air and the last one is a 65 Pontiac GTO. I used to have a 74 dodge d100 two tone mint green long bed club cab with a red painted trim wooden flatbed and I also used to have a 90 dodge Dakota SE it was black and silver pinstripe, my favorite Dakota is the two tone 92-95 club cab le short bed 4x4 my best friend had one in highschool, and I have always wanted a 96-97 dodge ram Laramie club cab sport 1500 4x4, but I think they were only short bed and I prefer the long bed trucks,so I ended up with the 2000 dodge ram Laramie long bed I'm was born in 79 for those who wonder how old I am and I'm a northeastern Indiana farm kid live about as close to ft.recovery Ohio as you can on the Indiana side, and I am not a certified mechanic but I do fix my own vehicles being a farm kid growing up we couldn't afford to pay a shop to do it so if we wanted to use them then we had to fix them..
You can run an amp off of the factory radio.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:54 PM
Roughcountry99dodgeramlongbed

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
You can run an amp off of the factory radio.
Ok but I don't really want to mangle the harness behind the radio and I'm not quite sure of which way to go about doing that short of using a line out converter and splicing in the 4 speaker wires in the dash behind the radio, I have a 4 channel amplifier a cerwin Vega I was going to put in a 94 Chevy Z71 Silverado extended cab short bed I had but I never did it has high level inputs and low level inputs..I also have a xpr82d I was considering running the front speakers off of it's a dual electronics amplifier

Quick Reply: 1998 RAM Infinity Bypass