2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ball Joints

Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball Joints

I know Moog are by far the best and when changing them and doing such a PITA job you might as well get the best so you don't have to worry about them anymore. But are the stock ones that bad? It just breaks my heart to pay so much for Moog when my oem ones are going on 110k and still doing fine with such a big lift... Hell my truck won't even be drove probably more than 100k more miles before something serious goes wrong so is it not logical to just buy some oem ones again? My mind is just wondering, I will more than likely buy Moog ones so don't beat me up lol.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:49 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought my oem were ok in my Indy. After finishing full brake job/upgrade noticed my bushings looked like crap (dried/cracked) Decided to go with ES poly bushings. When I got the bjoints apart, found the bottoms were shot. I only have 60k miles on my Indy(not quite)
If mine were that bad with a 4x2 on stock rims & rubber (run skinnies at the track about 80x) then cant see yours being in that good a shape with that big a lift & 42s.
Get the Moog & quit screwin around

Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
JohnnyZJ
Professional

if you're runnin 42s doesn't matter what you run; you're gonna break them.

learn how to change them fast and effectively, and go for the moogs. at least they have lifetime warranty. they'll replace em every time, but probalby won't install them. so learn how, and get free parts

i do it with wheel bearings on my jeeps; just wear em out fast enough and replace em free

Old 07-02-2010, 05:55 PM
TheBigRedOne

Wait.. You're running 42 inch tires on ball joints? Anybody who would build a lift that big on ball joints is a product of inbreeding. You need uniballs for something that large. That and links.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a fan of Spicer too. They are also pretty cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ball Joints