2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whats extras for 5" lift??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 01:02 AM
4DrMopar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats extras for 5" lift??

Ok, with a 5" lift for a 98 Ram, what extras will I need?? Driveshafts need changed, brakelines... etc???

Old 05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Whats extras for 5" lift??

Might not help you, but when I lifted my 86 3/4 ton I didn't need to do anything to the driveshafts (I had the front rebuilt a little later anyway though).

The lift came with a 3" steering block, which was fine if I didn't need to turn to the right. In the process of trying to remedy the bad bump steer and get it all working properly I've destroyed 2 oem drag links, and I've got a 3" drop pitman, 2" drop pitman, a 3" block that came with the kit, a 3" raised steering arm, and now I've just bought an adjustible drag link. If I had to do it over again I would have gone straight for the drag link.
In the rear I just relocated the rear-most brake hard line mount, in the front I don't think I had to do anything.

Quick Reply: Whats extras for 5" lift??