2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Center console stuck up, seriously stuck

Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Raine883
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave up, im pulling the seat and cutting the center seat, i guess i need to go pick up some fiberglass resin.

on second thought seeing as i use my truck for a truck, i think im going pick up some steel plate and build a monster console. any thoughts?

Last edited by Raine883; 08-25-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 PM
rwisaacks
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Umm thats called the middle seat belt.
This literally made me LOL and spew gatorade!

The following 2 users liked this post by rwisaacks:
J D GA (06-16-2021), PapaBear90 (05-11-2020)
Old 10-10-2014, 04:22 AM
DPadillaram1500

move the center consle up about halfway (you'll hear a little click) push the button that opens it and it should go right down. thats how mine works 2000 ram 1500 goodluck

Old 10-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Pull the console, and replace it with an car fridge

Old 10-10-2014, 11:23 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 year old thread.....

Old 11-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Tim F Moore
Default i had that promlum too

Originally Posted by Raine883
The title is pretty self explanatory, my center console is stuck up and i cant find any way to get it down. Ive gone as far as pushing it with my feet from the back seat, and nothing, is there a release on it somewhere that im overlooking??
look down at the heng on the drivers side,there is two metel pcs ,the heng, on one of them there is a little bump on the 10,11 clock position,it looks like something might have been,but a bout 1/8 in long on the rounded metel part facing forword.push or tap that down or up sometimes up while slitly pulling it forword,opens everytime,after 4 years of it being up.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:09 PM
gfreed

The title is pretty self explanatory, my center console is stuck up and i cant find any way to get it down. Ive gone as far as pushing it with my feet from the back seat, and nothing, is there a release on it somewhere that im overlooking??
so i had the same issue on my 96 ram 1500 with 195 k yes 195 k, all i did was push back on the bottom left corner .with a small one eight needle or long skinny screw driver theres a small silver washer push that back while pulling the seat forward & its fixed . so to keep this from happening again you need to clean & lub it first spray it down with a bio solvent smells like oranges it wont hurt seats & smells nice then a small amount of white lithium grease & its good as new

Old 01-14-2020, 11:20 AM
Crystal-RAM
Default Thank you!! Lol

Originally Posted by Tim F Moore
look down at the heng on the drivers side,there is two metel pcs ,the heng, on one of them there is a little bump on the 10,11 clock position,it looks like something might have been,but a bout 1/8 in long on the rounded metel part facing forword.push or tap that down or up sometimes up while slitly pulling it forword,opens everytime,after 4 years of it being up.
My console has been stuck for almost a year, gave up on trying to make it move. I had tried everything and still stuck. Used my knife with this suggestion, played with it until I heard the click then pressed the button to open it while slowly pulling it down. Finally worked.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:02 PM
gfreed
Default center console

i guess i didnt explain it well enough, my fault ,so when you look at the center console , steering wheel on your right hand side ,look at the bottom right hand hinge with a flash light , you will see a silver like washer just the flat side of a washer , near the bottom of the hinge . if you dont see silver wipe or clean it with a rag , this is the part that stops the seat back from folding down , you just push that to the rear of the hinge & the seat will fold ,but you must always pull the seat forward slowly any fast movement & the hinge will lock .hope this helped .

Old 02-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Sean Franklin
Default Resolved: Handle Latch not grabbing latch to open large compartment

2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Center console not openning. Loose handle not engaging latch

There is a small grabber hook connected to large center console compartment handle. This grabber hook is literally smaller than a pin head, and grabs release on latch when pulling up on handle. Mine broke off (understandedly, since it is made of thin model plastic) causing compartment handle to not engage. Finally, while pushing in and up on compartment handle, and using body weight to push down on full console, while slowly pulling full console toward driver seat, was able to disengage latch. Sitting in small hole, where latch and grabber would normally sit when laid is closed, was the tiny broken off hook. With compartment open, can clearly see loose handle mechanism when hook is broken off.

Unsure fix at this point, but this is definitely root cause. Noticed bracket, within large compartment holding console loc to console compartment, was also slightly loose, causing lateral slide of lid and potential misalignment of latch mechanism. Tighter screws on bracket for stabilization. Will try to follow up with pics, good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Center console stuck up, seriously stuck